Men's Golf Wins Six of Seven Matchups in Dual vs. Brown
Pepperdine's final regular-season tournament is the Redhawk Invitational on April 7-8.
March 27, 2014
SIMI VALLEY, Calif. - Six of Pepperdine's seven men's golfers were victorious on Wednesday as the Waves competed against Brown University at Wood Ranch Golf Club in a rare dual match.
"It was great to have the guys experience match play, because we don't get to do that too often," Pepperdine Coach Michael Beard said. "The guys had a great time. It played tough, the wind was blowing about 25 miles an hour, it was very gold, and that made it challenging. But we had the advantage because we've played Wood Ranch many times. We had multiple guys with five or six birdies. It was fun to watch. I'm happy for our guys. It was a different format and they thrived on it."
Results were as follows:
1. Jeremy Sanders (PEP) d. Nelson Hargrove, 4&2
2. Frederick Wedel (PEP) d. Justin Miller, 5&4
3. Kevin DeHuff (PEP) d. Peter Callas, 5&4
4. David Pelekoudas (PEP) d. Jack Wilson, 6&5
5. Parker Page (PEP) d. Connor Lynch, 4&3
6. Nick Thomas (PEP) d. Chad Carlson, 4&3
7. Kyohei Itamura (Brown) d. Robin Kang, 1-up
The Waves play their final regular-season tournament at the Redhawk Invitational in University Place, Wash., on April 7-8. The WCC Championships are April 14-16 in Bremerton, Wash.