Waves Through Two Rounds in Dallas
The men's golf team will look to improve during Tuesday's final round.
DALLAS, Texas – The Pepperdine men’s golf team will strive for a better final round after completing the second round of the Trinity Forest Invitational on Monday.
The Waves are currently in 13th place with a two-day total of 589 (292-297) at the par-71 Trinity Forest Golf Club.
- Sophomore Joshua McCarthy (Danville, Calif./De La Salle HS) had the Waves’ best round of the day, a 1-over 72. That moved him up 10 spots on the leaderboard and into a tie for 37th place at 145 (73-72). His round included five birdies.
- Junior Sahith Theegala (Chino Hills, Calif./Diamond Bar HS) brought his two-day total to 11 birdies with four more on Tuesday. He fell to a tie for 26th place at 144 (70-74).
- Sophomore Clay Feagler (Laguna Niguel, Calif./Dana Hills HS) is tied for 57th at 149 (74-75).
- Freshman RJ Manke (Lakewood, Wash./Bellarmine Preparatory School), making his college debut, is tied for 62nd at 151 (75-76).
- Sophomore Hunter Epson (Long Beach, Calif./Wilson HS) is in 72nd at 154 (78-76).
The third and final round is on Tuesday.
Team Scores: T1. Auburn 278-282=560; T1. Florida 275-285=560; 3. North Texas 283-281=564; 4. USC 282-284=566; 5. Oregon 283-284=567; T6. Texas 276-292=568; T6. Texas Tech 284-284=568; 8. Clemson 285-290=575; 9. Iowa 290-286=576; 10. SMU 292-286=578; 11. Ball State 288-293=581; 12. Kansas State 296-290=586; 13. Pepperdine 292-297=589.
Top Individuals: T1. Justin Suh (USC) 67-69=136; T1. Brandon Mancheno (Auburn) 68-68=136; T3. McClure Meissner (SMU) 67-71=138; T3. Wells Padgett (Auburn) 68-70=138; T3. Edwin Yi (Oregon) 70-68=138.