Men's Golf Ends Strong at Trinity Forest
Clay Feagler (-3) and RJ Manke (-2) had the Waves' best rounds of the day.
After posting scores of 292 and 297 the first two days, the Waves came back with a 5-under 279 in their final round at the par-71 Trinity Forest Golf Club. That lifted Pepperdine from 13th place to an 11th-place finish with a total of 868.
- Junior Sahith Theegala (Chino Hills, Calif./Diamond Bar HS) was the Waves’ top finisher in a tie for 24th place with a 1-over 215 (70-74-71). His even-par round included three birdies. He was one off the tournament lead with a total of 14 birdies for the event.
- Sophomore Joshua McCarthy (Danville, Calif./De La Salle HS) improved his score each day and he wound up in a tie for 29th at 216 (73-72-71). He had four birdies during his even-par round.
- Sophomore Clay Feagler (Laguna Niguel, Calif./Dana Hills HS) made a big jump thanks to a 3-under 68, moving him up 21 spots on the leaderboard and into a tie for 36th at 217 (74-75-68). He had four birdies and just one bogey during his final round.
- Freshman RJ Manke (Lakewood, Wash./Bellarmine Preparatory School), making his college debut, also had his best round of the three with a 2-under 69. He tied for 49th at 220 (75-76-69). He had three birdies and one bogey on Tuesday.
- Sophomore Hunter Epson (Long Beach, Calif./Wilson HS) tied for 69th at 228 (78-76-74).
The Waves’ third tournament of the fall is the Alister MacKenzie Invitational on October 9 and 10 in Fairfax, California.
Team Scores: 1. Florida 275-285-275=835; T2. Auburn 278-282-285=845; T2. Texas Tech 284-284-277=845; 4. Texas 276-292-279=847; 5. USC 282-284-283=849; T6. North Texas 283-281-287=851; T6. Clemson 285-290-276=851; 8. Oregon 283-284-293=860; 9. Iowa 290-286-287=863; 10. Kansas State 296-290-281=867; 11. Pepperdine 292-297-279=868; 12. SMU 292-286-296=874; 13. Ball State 288-293-295=876.
Top Individuals: 1. Justin Suh (USC) 67-69-67=203; 2. Gordon Neale (Florida) 71-72-63=206; T3. Andy Zhang (Florida) 69-71-67=207; T3. Brandon Mancheno (Auburn) 68-68-71=207; T3. Kyle Cottam (Clemson) 71-69-67=207.