- Melissa Ireland, MS, RD, CSSD
- Office -- 310-506-6210
- Email -- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melissa Ireland joined the Pepperdine staff in January 2016 as a consultant Sports Dietitian. As the sole Sport R.D. for athletics, she will oversee and provide performance nutrition services for all intercollegiate student-athletes. Prior to Pepperdine, Melissa worked at the University of Georgia in 2014 as part of their Sports Nutrition Immersion Program. She was one of 10 Registered Dietitians selected to participate at leading sports nutrition programs around the country. In 2012-2013, she worked part-time as a Performance Nutritionist for EXOS (formerly Athletes' Performance) with elite and professional athletes. Currently, she runs her own private nutrition practice located in West Malibu, Perform Well Nutrition. Melissa is a graduate of Pepperdine University's Seaver College `06 with a degree in nutritional science. She went on to earn a master's degree in exercise science/sports nutrition from Texas Woman's University in 2009 and completed her dietetic internship program with an emphasis in eating disorders through the University of Minnesota in 2011. Melissa is a Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics and a Registered Dietitian through the Commission on Dietetic Registration, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Melissa is a Los Angeles native and currently resides in Malibu with her fiancé Mark, their rescue mouse Bernard and Great Dane, Freyja.
- Dr. Gary Green, MD
- Head Team Physician / Board Certified Internal Medicine / Sports Medicine
- Dr. Gary Green has served the Pepperdine athletic program since 1995. In addition with his duties in the athletics department, Dr. Green is also a physician at the Pepperdine Student Health Center. He is the former chairman of the NCAA Committee on Drug Testing and Drug Education. In April of 2010, Dr. Green was named medical director for Major League Baseball. He had served as a consultant to MLB on anabolic steroids and performance-enhancing substances since 2003. Dr. Green practices family medicine at the Pacific Palisades Medical Group.
- Dr. Bert Mandelbaum, MD
- Head Orthopedic Physician / Adult and Pediatric Sports Medicine
- Santa Monica Orthopedic Group
- Dr. Bert Mandelbaum practices at Santa Monica Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group (SMOG) in Santa Monica and has worked with the Pepperdine athletics program since 1989. Dr. Mandelbaum has served as a national team physician for U.S. Soccer since 1991 and is honored to have traveled with the US Men's National Team to every World Cup since 1994. He is currently the team physician for the LA Galaxy and is a member of the U.S. Gymnastics Medicine Advisory Board. In 1999 and 2003, Dr. Manelbaum served as the chief medical officer for the Women's World Cup. Dr. Mandelbaum is well published in areas of injury prevention and articular cartilage repair. He sits on the FIFA Medical Committee as well as the F-MARC (FIFA Medical Assessment and Research) Committee. In 2007 Dr. Mandelbaum and the Santa Monica Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Group were designated by FIFA as a FIFA Medical Center of Excellence. SMOG and Duke University are the only two centers honored with this designation in the USA.
- Dr. Howard Liebeskind, DPM
- Team Podiatrist
- Dr. Howard Liebeskind enters his 30th year as a member of the Pepperdine University Athletic Medicine staff. He is an internationally recognized podiatrist and respected member of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine. His scope of care includes the management of foot, ankle and lower extremity disorders. He is currently team podiatrist to the U.S. Men's National Soccer Team, U.S. Women's National Soccer Team, Los Angeles Galaxy & CD Chivas USA of Major League Soccer, and the UCLA Athletic Department. His career in athletic medicine has included affiliations with the Los Angeles Clippers of the National Basketball Association, Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League and Los Angeles Ballet. Liebeskind has also served as podiatric consultant to Real Madrid C.F., F.C. Internazionale Milano, and Chelsea FC during their respective North American summer tours from 2007-13. Dr. Liebeskind is a graduate of Syracuse University and William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine at the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. He completed a residency in Podiatric Surgery at Van Nuys (Calif.) Community Hospital. Dr Liebeskind maintains an active private practice in the Los Angeles community of West Hills.
- Dr. Terry Weyman, DC
- Sports Chiropractor
- Chiropractic Sports Institute
- Dr. Terry Weyman is a sports chiropractor and has a practice in Westlake Village. Dr. Weyman has been the Clinic Director of the Chiropractic Sports Institute for over 16 years. In 2003 he finished his Sports Medicine internship at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs and in August of 2005 he was selected by the USOC to be the Team USA Chiropractor at the World University Games in Izmir, Turkey. Dr. Weyman has been the Chief Medical Director of many professional and top amateur athletic events including the Professional Water ski and Wakeboard tour, PRCA Rodeo and Four winds Adventure Race. He has also been the Team Chiropractor for the National cycling team, and Team Luna Women's mountain bike team. In 1994 he was the Norwegian Alpine Ski Team Chiropractor for the 1994 Winter Olympics held in Lillehammer, Norway.