Women's Golf Wraps Up First Tournament of Season
The Waves will be back in action later this month at the Golfweek Conference Challenge.
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico -- Junior Hannah Haythorne posted a top-20 finish as the Pepperdine women's golf team completed its first tournament of the 2017-18 season, the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational, on Tuesday.
The Waves finished in 13th place with a two-day total of 887 (295-290-302) at the par-72 UNM Championship Course.
- Unfortunately, though Haythorne (Honolulu, Hawai'i/IMG Academy) posted a tie for 20th place at 219 (73-74-72), it didn't count for the Waves as she was playing as an individual. Her final-round even-par included four birdies. It was her second career top-20 result.
- Of the players in the lineup, senior Tatiana Wijaya (Jakarta, Indonesia) had the best finish, a tie for 25th place at 220 (74-70-76). Wijaya and Haythorne tied for the team high with a total of nine birdies at the tournament.
- Junior Hira Naveed (Perth, Australia) tied for 44th place at 223 (76-71-76).
- Senior Katherine Zhu (Vancouver, B.C.) tied for 44th place at 223 (74-74-75).
- Sophomore Momoka Kobori (Rangiora, New Zealand) tied for 52nd place at 224 (74-75-75).
- Junior Patricia Wong (Walnut, Calif./Walnut HS) tied for 69th place at 228 (73-78-77).
Pepperdine's second tournament of the fall is the Golfweek Conference Challenge, set for September 25-27 in Wolcott, Colorado.
Team Standings: 1. Oklahoma State 291-284-288=863; 2. Northwestern 290-288-287=865; T3. Colorado 293-284-292=869; T3. Stanford 297-284-288=869; 5. San Diego State 294-287-295=876; 6. Denver 292-291-295=878; T7. Iowa State 296-293-290=879; T7. New Mexico 295-289-295=879; T7. Iowa 292-290-297=879; 10. Texas 295-292-293=880; T11. UNLV 286-298-297=881; T11. Arizona 292-284-305=881; 13. Pepperdine 295-290-302=887; T14. Fresno State 302-296-299=897; T14. California 304-286-307=897; 16. Washington State 296-295-313=904; 17. UC Davis 304-294-315=913; 18. Central Arkansas 301-308-311=920.
Individual Leaders: T1. Bianca Pagdanganan (Arizona) 67-67-74=208; T1. Andrea Lee (Stanford) 73-68-67=208; 3. Kenzie Neisen (Oklahoma State) 73-68-71=212; 4. Hannah Kim (Northwestern) 71-73-69=213; T5. five players tied at 214.
Pepperdine Scores: T20. * Hannah Haythorne 73-74-72=219; T25. Tatiana Wijaya 74-70-76=220; T44. Hira Naveed 76-71-76=223; T44. Katherine Zhu 74-74-75=223; T52. Momoka Kobori 74-75-75=224; T69. Patricia Wong 73-78-77=228.
* playing as an individual