Women's Tennis Wins Fifth Straight on Senior Day
Khunpak Issara wins her 12th singles match in a row on Senior Day.
April 6, 2013
MALIBU, Calif. – The Pepperdine women’s tennis team chalked a 5-2 decision versus Portland to finish the home portion of the regular season with a win. For Khunpak Issara, Tara Panu and Abigail Phillips, it was their final match on the courts of the Ralphs-Straus Tennis Center.
Although the Pilots (8-11, 1-5 West Coast Conference) claimed the doubles point, the Waves rebounded in singles to take the overall dual victory.
Issara (Bangkok, Thailand/Bangkok Patana School) kept her singles win streak alive, now at 12 matches, with a 6-1, 6-0 triumph over Anastasia Polyakova.
Megan Moore (Portland, Ore./Jesuit HS) mirrored that same score to give Pepperdine a 2-1 lead.
From the No. 5 spot in the lineup, Michaela Capannolo (Hawthorn, Australia/Genazzano FCJ College) posted a 6-1, 6-1 victory against Saroop Dhatt.
The Waves finish the regular season with four-consecutive road matches beginning with Saint Mary’s (April 14) and San Diego (April 15) next week Friday and Saturday. The following week, Pepperdine travels to Loyola Marymount (April 17) and BYU (April 19).
Pepperdine 5, Portland 2
1. #40 Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) def. MLADENOVIC, Maja (POR) 6-4, 6-3
2. #58 Khunpak Issara (PEP) def. POLYAKOVA, Anastasia (POR) 6-1, 6-0
3. Ale Granillo (PEP) def. HOATH, Valeska (POR) 7-6, 6-0
4. Megan Moore (PEP) def. FUCHS, Sabine (POR) 6-1, 6-0
5. Michaela Capannolo (PEP) def. DHATT, Saroop (POR) 6-1, 6-1
6. TROESCH, Tori (POR) def. Danielle Feneridis (PEP) 6-4, 3-6, 10-3
1. #10 Khunpak Issara/Lorraine Guillermo (PEP) def. POLYAKOVA, Anastasia/DHATT, Saroop (POR) 8-0
2. FUCHS, Sabine/HOATH, Valeska (POR) def. Ale Granillo/Michaela Capannolo (PEP) 8-6
3. TROESCH, Tori/GOULD, Emily (POR) def. Megan Moore/Tara Panu (PEP) 8-4
Portland 8-11, 1-5 WCC
Pepperdine 7-10, 4-0 WCC